Independent Production Fund (IPF) Travel and Mentorship Bursaries
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MAY 2, 2017
Accepting applications starting April 3rd, 2017
WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED: MAY 10, 2017
Calling all Canadian web drama series producers/creators!
Do you have a scripted digital drama series looking for partners, funders, platforms, distributors, strategies, brands, audiences? Do you think that you could benefit professionally by attending the Banff World Media Festival?
The IPF has partnered with BANFF to offer THREE (3) qualified digital scripted drama short-form series producer/creators with:
- A full festival registration and access to all festival events.
- A travel subsidy of up to $1500.
- Mentorship by the IPF and special closed session with key BANFF guests.
- You must be a Canadian producer/creator with at least one released web drama series (in English or in French) with a production or writing credit.
- You must be presently developing or producing another web drama series.
- You must be available to attend BANFF from June 11 to June 14, inclusive.
- Provide the url’s of previous web drama series you have produced/created, where they can be viewed presently.
- Your brief resumé. List any relevant awards you/your projects have received.
- 250-word synopsis of the scripted digital drama series you are presently working on.
- One-page description of your goals in attending BANFF, the people you want to meet, and how this will benefit your new project.
Deadline for application: May 2, 2017
 "Drama" includes all genres of scripted content that has a story arc and uses performers; eligible web series would also include comedy, animation and children’s content.
For more information please contact:
Jane Tesar, Account Manager, Banff World Media Festival
Tel: 1.416.408.2300 x 204