Corus Entertainment Drama & Comedy Showrunner Training Program
Clling all drama & comedy television writers, producers, and directors! In collaboration with Corus, the Banff World Media Festival is delighted welcome back its Drama & Comedy Showrunner Training Program, providing four days of training and development for budding Canadian showrunners:
The Program will provide experienced Canadian television writers, directors, and/or producers the opportunity to participate in an instructive showrunner training program at the 2017 Banff World Media Festival. Intimate sessions and workshops will provide insight into the demands of producing a hit TV show from some of the best in the business, both in Canada and abroad.
What you’ll need to Submit:
- Resume outlining your background with a cover letter stating why you should be considered for this program. Preference will be given to those individuals that have worked for at least two seasons on a drama or comedy series and have between 6 and 8 episodic credits.
- Two (2) letters of reference from Canadian film & TV industry professionals. References should be familiar with the candidate’s work and their ability to take on the duties of a showrunner. References may be contacted by the Banff World Media Festival and the Jury.
- Be invited to attend the Banff World Media Festival on a full access pass, including flights and accommodation.
- Get to pitch at Banff and develop their drama or comedy series during the course of the program.
- Take part in private sessions with renowned showrunners attending BANFF.
- Have the opportunity to attend master classes and pitch Canadian, U.K. and U.S. broadcast executives.
- Attend sessions on casting, managing a writer’s room, finding production partners, the role of agents, budgets and financing.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2016 WINNERS:
- Jennica Harper
- Ian Barr
- John Callaghan
- Michelle Ricci
- Mike Kiss