Corus Apprentice Program
The Banff World Media Festival and Corus Entertainment have launched the call for submissions for the 2021 Corus Apprentice Program: Lifestyle Showrunner. The mandate of this year’s Program is to broaden producers’ existing skill sets with a focus on the lifestyle and unscripted genres, and with an eye to building the next generation of showrunners in this growing segment of the entertainment industry.
The Program is focusing on talent from under-represented groups and will look to choose candidates from a wide range of backgrounds. Women, Indigenous peoples, racialized communities, persons with disabilities and the 2SLGBTQ+ communities are encouraged to apply.
Successfull candidates will receive:
- A full-access pass to the BANFF 2021 virtual marketplace
- And a two-week showrunner internship on a Corus-supported lifestyle production between June 2021 and June 2022.
- Submissions Deadline: April 26, 2021
- Applicants Notified: May 14, 2021
Submissions to include:
- Professional CV
- Cover letter expressing the applicant’s interest in the program, their career ambitions and how they will benefit from participating in this program
- Link(s) to a reel featuring a series or multiple series the applicant has worked on, ideally in the unscripted genre
- A description of the role the applicant performed on each series
- While not a requirement, listing an industry reference who could speak to the applicant’s work ethic, abilities and potential would be a benefit
For more information please contact:
Brian Boudreau, Account Manager,
Banff World Media Festival
Tel: 1.416.408.2300 x 284