health & safety
You are not currently viewing the most recent
Banff World Media Festival.
Go to Banff World Media Festival 2023
Health & Safety and Admission Policy
The safety and comfort of our community is of paramount importance. We will be requiring that all BANFF 2022 delegates are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, mirroring vaccine definitions set out by the Government of Canada and the Government of Alberta. Vaccines must be approved by the Government of Canada, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO).
The window for providing this documentation will be open until June 5, 2022. Failure to deliver adequate proof of vaccination by the upload deadline will result in your registration being forfeited.
We will continue to take our lead from the Canadian Government on planning baseline health & safety protocols for the event. We will continue to review and adapt our health and safety policy as BANFF 2022 approaches in accordance with government guidelines and recommendations, making adjustments as the situation develops. If any policy shifts, we will update the information on this page, so please check back as you prepare for your attendance in Banff, Alberta.
ADDITIONAL ON SITE HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS* WILL INCLUDE:
- Masks:Masks may be required in certain areas, and will be encouraged at all indoor locations unless eating or drinking. Delegates must supply their own masks.
- Testing: We will be providing information on local COVID testing facilities and services for delegates that require them for travel. Details regarding requirements concerning testing for delegates may change right up to and during the event and decisions will be made with current data.
- Completion of a Daily online COVID screening will be encouraged in order to give additional comfort to delegates
- We will provide ample touch-free hand-sanitizing stations throughout the venue
- We will ensure high cleanliness standards within all meeting and session rooms
- We will provide ample outdoor/fresh air meeting space
- Maximum capacity limits in meeting and session rooms will be rigidly adhered to
*The above protocols are subject to change.
It is requested that you do not participate or attend any BANFF event if any of the following apply to you:
You are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19
You have tested positive for COVID-19 and have not completed the local Alberta Government guidelines for discontinuing isolation
Within the previous 5 days, you have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, but you have not completed the Quarantine and Isolation Guidelines recommended by the local Alberta Government
Event and hotel staff are subject to the same protocols. Our policies exist in order to help ensure the health and safety of all delegates and stakeholders. Please adhere to all signage and direction from employees and volunteers. Our employees and volunteers will be available to help you have a great experience, so help them by following our health and safety policies. Should you have any questions regarding health and safety at the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org