health & safety
Health & Safety and Admission Policy
The safety and comfort of our community is of paramount importance. We will be requiring that all BANFF 2022 delegates are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, mirroring vaccine definitions set out by the Government of Canada and the Government of Alberta. Vaccines must be approved by the Government of Canada, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO).
All delegates will be required to upload their proof of full vaccination ahead of the festival to a secure portal, which was developed and implemented with individual privacy as an overriding principle.
The window for providing this documentation will be open until May 20, 2022. Failure to deliver adequate proof of vaccination will result in your registration being forfeited.
We will continue to take our lead from the Canadian Government on planning baseline health & safety protocols for the event. We will review and adapt our health and safety policy as BANFF 2022 approaches in accordance with government guidelines and recommendations, making adjustments as the situation develops. If any policy shifts, we will update the information on this page, so please check back as you prepare for your attendance in Banff, Alberta.
ADDITIONAL ON SITE HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS* WILL INCLUDE:
- Masks: Delegates will be required to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose in indoor event spaces. - excluding designated areas for eating and drinking. Delegates must supply their own masks.
- Testing: COVID testing may be required. We are working on providing on-site testing facilities and services for event participation as well as travel requirements. Details regarding our mandated requirements concerning testing for delegates will be released in May 2022 or earlier, when an assessment can be made with current data.
- We will provide ample touch-free hand-sanitizing stations throughout the venue
- We will ensure high cleanliness standards within all meeting and session rooms
- We will provide ample outdoor/fresh air meeting space
- Maximum capacity limits in meeting and session rooms will be rigidly adhered to
*The above protocols are subject to change.
Event and hotel staff are subject to the same protocols. Our policies exist in order to help ensure the health and safety of all delegates and stakeholders. Please adhere to all signage and direction from employees and volunteers. Our employees and volunteers will be available to help you have a great experience, so help them by following our health and safety policies. Should you have any questions regarding health and safety at the event, please email email@example.com