Corus Apprentice Program
INTERESTED IN THE YOUNG ADULT SCRIPTED GENRE? APPLY NOW FOR YOUR CHANCE AT A COMPLIMENTARY FESTIVAL PASS & TRAVEL STIPEND TO BANFF 2022, PLUS PLACEMENT IN THE WRITER'S ROOM OF A CORUS-SUPPORTED SERIES.
The Banff World Media Festival (BANFF) and Corus Entertainment are accepting submissions for the 2022 Corus Apprentice Program – Young Adult Scripted. The focus of this year’s Program is to seek out writers from underrepresented communities who have experience in or are interested in scripting for the live-action Young Adult genre.
Women, Indigenous peoples, people from racialized communities, persons with disabilities and 2SLGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Recipients will be notified by May 6.
What you’ll need to submit:
- A resume outlining your background
- A letter of intent that speaks to your commitment in the Young Adult scripted space.
- Either a spec script of an existing half-hour / one-hour show OR an original concept script. Preference will be given to scripts in the YA genre.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation* from Canadian film and television professionals. References should be familiar with your work and be able to comment on your ability to become a writer for series television. References may be contacted by the Corus Apprentice Program Jury.
*Note: letters of recommendation from personal representatives will not be accepted.
Successful applicants will receive:
- A full-access Festival Pass to BANFF 2022 and a travel stipend of $1,200 CAD;
- An exclusive meet and greet with industry development executives while at BANFF;
- Extensive networking, pitching and business-building opportunities while at the Festival;
- Opportunities to interact with showrunners, agents, producers and funders from leading broadcasters from North America and around the world;
- A two-week internship in the writer’s room of a Corus-supported live action series following the Festival.
For more information please contact:
Senior Account Manager,
Banff World Media Festival
Magda Krpan, Director
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sponsorships,