You are not currently viewing the most recent
Banff Virtual Edition.
Go to Banff 2020 Virtual Edition
MEET Face-to-Face WITH INDUSTRY EXECUTIVES
The Face-to-Face Meetings program is a fantastic opportunity for content producers to gain access and meet one-on-one with leading development executives. A signature of The Banff World Media Festival, avail yourself of the opportunity to meet with decision makers who can help take your idea to the next level and put your TV or digital content into development.
Once you have registered for the event, you can book one of these coveted time slots to meet Face-to-Face with key industry players including broadcasters, production studios and digital platforms
Producers & Content Creators
- Gain access to the world’s top Buyers and Decision Makers
- Sell ideas, scripts and finished content
- Create co-production opportunities
- Sign with an agent
Buyers, Executives, Distributors, Agents
- An efficient, one-stop-shop for buying new content
- Strategically curated meetings that maximize efficiency
- Introductions to new and emerging talent and content
- Introductions to established content creators and producers with years of experience
- Access to invite-only sessions and international peer-to-peer discussion
HOW IT WORKS
- Specifically designed to be 8 minute time slots, the program has enabled thousands of one-on-one meetings and has led to many millions of dollars in transactions. In an ecosystem that thrives on connections, great content, and expertise, connect with people, ideas, and events that are of professional interest and maximize efficiencies!
- Time slots and hosts are allotted via a lottery system, which requires advance sign up. Attendees can select up to three genres they are interested in, and have the opportunity to select up to 12 hosts they’d like to meet with (based on their selected genres), numbering hosts in terms or priority.
- Once the lottery runs, a maximum of 10 hosts can be assigned to an attendee, through their BANFFXchange profile. After the lottery runs and results have been communicated to attendees who have signed up in advance, general sign-ups will open. During general sign-ups, attendees can log into their BANFFXchange account and change their selections, or book new spots, based on whatever is left available.
- Please note: as this is a lottery, and time slots are assigned at random, not everyone is guaranteed to secure Face-to-Face meetings through this program.
- If you are not assigned a Face-to-Face meeting through the lottery, don't worry - there is still a chance to meet with hosts by waiting in line for a spot to open up on the day of the event.
- We highly recommend you register before the lottery begins, as spots go quickly!
- Please see key dates for this program below.
- Disclaimer: Some networks may require you to sign a submission release or an NDA and waiver agreement in advance of your meeting. If this is required by the network, the room monitor at the Face-to-Face check-in desk onsite will hand you the network's document for you to review, sign and deliver directly to your host during your meeting time slot.
Log into your BanffXchange account at any time prior to sign-up opening to select up to three (3) Program Genres that you are interested in.
- Lottery selection opens: Friday May 4, 2018 at 12:00pm ET
- Lottery selection closes: Thursday May 10, 2018 at 5:00pm ET
- Lottery results will be emailed to participants from: Friday May 11, 2018 to Monday May 14, 2018
- General Xchange sign-ups open: Monday May 14, 2018 at 11:00am ET
- General Xchange sign-up closes: Friday June 8, 2018 at 5:00pm ET