MEET Face-to-Face WITH INDUSTRY EXECUTIVES
The Face-to-Face Meetings program is a fantastic opportunity for content producers to gain access and meet one-on-one with leading development executives. A signature of The Banff World Media Festival, avail yourself of the opportunity to meet with decision makers who can help take your idea to the next level and put your TV or digital content into development.
Once you have registered for the event, you can book one of these coveted time slots to meet Face-to-Face with key industry players including broadcasters, production studios and digital platforms
Producers & Content Creators
- Gain access to the world’s top Buyers and Decision Makers
- Sell ideas, scripts and finished content
- Create co-production opportunities
- Sign with an agent
Buyers, Executives, Distributors, Agents
- An efficient, one-stop-shop for buying new content
- Strategically curated meetings that maximize efficiency
- Introductions to new and emerging talent and content
- Introductions to established content creators and producers with years of experience
- Access to invite-only sessions and international peer-to-peer discussion
HOW IT WORKS
- Specifically designed to be 8 minute time slots, the program has enabled thousands of one-on-one meetings and has led to many millions of dollars in transactions. In an ecosystem that thrives on connections, great content, and expertise, connect with people, ideas, and events that are of professional interest and maximize efficiencies!
- Time slots and hosts are allotted via a lottery system, which requires advance sign up. Attendees can select up to three genres they are interested in, and have the opportunity to select up to 12 hosts they’d like to meet with (based on their selected genres), numbering hosts in terms or priority.
- Once the lottery runs, a maximum of 10 hosts can be assigned to an attendee, through their BANFFXchange profile. After the lottery runs and results have been communicated to attendees who have signed up in advance, general sign-ups will open. During general sign-ups, attendees can log into their BANFFXchange account and change their selections, or book new spots, based on whatever is left available.
- Please note: as this is a lottery, and time slots are assigned at random, not everyone is guaranteed to secure Face-to-Face meetings through this program.
- If you are not assigned a Face-to-Face meeting through the lottery, don't worry - there is still a chance to meet with hosts by waiting in line for a spot to open up on the day of the event.
- We highly recommend you register before the lottery begins, as spots go quickly!
- Please see key dates for this program below.
- Disclaimer: Some networks may require you to sign a submission release or an NDA and waiver agreement in advance of your meeting. If this is required by the network, the room monitor at the Face-to-Face check-in desk onsite will hand you the network's document for you to review, sign and deliver directly to your host during your meeting time slot.
Log into your BanffXchange account at any time prior to sign-up opening to select up to three (3) Program Genres that you are interested in.
- Lottery selection opens: Friday May 4, 2018 at 12:00pm ET
- Lottery selection closes: Thursday May 10, 2018 at 5:00pm ET
- Lottery results will be emailed to participants from: Friday May 11, 2018 to Monday May 14, 2018
- Round-two (for people who missed the first-round lottery) of Xchange sign-ups open: Monday May 14, 2018 at 11:00am ET
- Round-two Xchange sign-up closes: Friday June 8, 2018 at 5:00pm ET
2018 Face-to-Face EXECUTIVE PARTICIPANTS INCLUDE:
Participants in Face-to-Face, Breakfast/Lunch with a Decision Maker and 30 Minutes with include:
Carlyn Staudt, EVP, Love Nature Programming and Development, Blue Ant Media
Karen Miller, VP of Acquisitions and Co-Productions & Worldwide Programming Strategy Disney Channels Worldwide, Disney Channels Worldwide
Tony Moulsdale, Global Director of Programming, Motion Content Group
Adam Ivers, President and CEO, Highway Entertainment
Alastair McKinnon, Head of Content, Investment and Planning, ABC
Sally Riley, Head of Drama, Comedy and Indigenous, ABC
Gustavo Gontijo, Drama and Comedy Series Head of Development, Globo
Sébastien Pigeon, VP, Corporate Development and EP, Aetios Productions
Andrew Morris, Manager, Commissioned Content, Accessible Media Inc.
Tania Koenig-Gauchier, Manager of Programming, Western Region, APTN
Shelley MacDougall, Manager of Programming, Central Region, APTN
Sarah Fowlie, Head of Original Production, Comedy, Bell Media
Chris Harris, Executive Producer, Digital Scripted, CBC
Sarah Adams, Executive in Charge of Production, Drama, CBC
Karen Tsang, Executive in Charge of Production, Drama, CBC
Michelle Daly, Senior Director, Comedy, CBC
Marie McCann, Senior Director, CBC Kids
Helen Asimakis, Senior Director, Drama, CBC
Athena Georgaklis, Head of Development, Nelvana
Rachel Nelson, Director of Original Content Drama Kids and Factual, Corus Entertainment
Robin Neinstein, Manager, Original Content, Corus Entertainment
Krista Look, Director of Original Lifestyle Content, Corus Entertainment
Brandon Lane, Production Executive Original Programming, Corus Kids
Lisa Godfrey, VP, Original Content, Corus Entertainment
Cathy Hare, Director of Acquisitions, Eone
Brad Pelman, CEO, The Fremantle Corp.
Brad Danks, CEO, OUTtv
Nataline Rodrigues, Director of Original Programming, Rogers Media
Alyse Rosenberg, VP Television Development, Story Hawk Pictures
Jeff Stecyk, Principal/Executive Producer, Wavelength Entertainment
Liz Levenson, VP, Development and Co-Productions, Visland Media
Moritz Dirk Polter, Executive Producer International TV Series, Bavaria Fiction GmbH
Atar Dekel, Co-Head of Global Scripted Co-productions and Acquisitions, Keshet
Pierre-André Rochat, President, Daro Acquisition
Jeff Norton, Founder, Awesome Media Entertainment
Justina Hemperek, Head of Acquisitions, Beyond Distribution
Anthony Kimble, SVP, Co-Productions & North American Acquisitions, Cineflix Rights
Philip Barnsdall Thompson, VP Acquisitions, UK, Europe & North America, Flame Distribution
Edward Sabin, Executive Managing Director, A+E International, A+E
Patrick Vien, Executive Managing Director, A+E International, A+E
Shelly Tatro, SVP of development, A+E
Marc Hustvedt, CEO, Above Average
Jeff Aghassi, Owner, Aghassi Literary Management
Shelley Zimmerman, Head of Awesomeness TV Studio, Awesomeness
Austin Denesuk, Agent, CAA
Rob Kenneally, Agent, CAA
Melissa Campbell, Owner, Contentum Consulting and Management
Alexandre Coscas, President, Coscas Productions/Storyworks
Jennifer Harkness, SVP, Sales and Development, Cream Productions
Emily Baustien, Development Specialist, Discovery
Joseph Schneier, VP Production and Development, Discovery
Daniel March, Managing Partner, Dynamic Television
Holly Hines, SVP Content, Dynamic Television
Lisa Fahrenholt, VP, International Development, Scripted, Endemol Shine North America
Jennevie Olivieri, Coordinator of Distribution, Acquisitions and International Co-Productions, Gaumont
David Ozer, President, IDW Entertainment
Larry Grimaldi, VP, Development and Production, MarVista Entertainment
Igal Svet, Senior Director of Development, National Geographic
Ben Noot, Director, Global Acquisitions, National Geographic
Steve Woolf, Head of Programming, OTT Video, Oath
Shirley Bowers, VP, Sales and Acquisitions, Red Arrow International
Julie Pifher, VP of Development, Rive Gauche Television
Jon Munoz, Inflight Entertainment Account Director, Spafax
Larry Shuman, Founder and President, The Shuman Company
Adam Steinman, VP, Creative, Format, Development & Sales - Warner Bros. International TV Production, Warner Bros. International
Dustin Davis, Head of Comedy Development and Current Programming, YouTube Originals