BANFF DIVERSITY OF VOICES INITIATIVE
Our Supporting Partners Include:
The Canada Media Fund (CMF), Canada's Indigenous Screen Office,
Société de développement des entreprises culturelles (SODEC)
- Entries close: April 27, 2018
- Winners announced: May 11, 2018
- Mentorship period: May - June, 2018
We are proud to launch an unprecedented national mentorship and market-access program for up and coming Canadian creators with a specific focus on Indigenous, Francophone and female industry professionals.The program is open to creative producers with projects spanning all genres, including scripted, unscripted, documentary, kids and family
One Hundred (100) beneficiaries will receive:
- A full access BANFF registration package
- A three-hour interactive workshop on Sunday morning prior to the start of the BANFF conference program
- Participation in a special showcase and networking event
In addition, Twenty Five (25) of these beneficiaries will be identified based on the merit of their projects in development for a special Pitch Program and will also receive:
- An individualized pitch prep session with a mentor prior to BANFF to vet their project materials and assist with market positioning
- Private Face-to-Face pitching opportunities with three international development execs
- A $1,500 travel stipend
- You must be either female or self-declared as Indigenous or francophone. BANFF reserves the right to request evidence of the producer’s citizenship, ancestry, and native language.
- You must be a Canadian citizen and resident
- You must be available to attend BANFF from June 10 to June 13, inclusive.
- Your brief resumé. List any relevant awards you/your projects have received.
- One-page (maximum) description of your goals in attending BANFF, the people you want to meet, and how this will benefit your company or projects.
- Every Program Applicant must submit one (1) project that they wish to develop and sell with the support of this program. (See Project Guidelines).
SEE PROGRAM AND ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES HERE
The Project must meet these criteria:
- It is currently under Canadian ownership and Canadian executive and creative control
- It is currently under the financial control of Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- The Applicant owns all rights (including copyright) and options necessary for the production and its distribution, and retains an ongoing financial interest in all components of the project
- Program must be in either English, French or Indigenous Languages
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION!
For more information please contact Carla Rojas at firstname.lastname@example.org