Meet Face-to-Face with Meeting Exchange Executives
The Xchange program is a fantastic opportunity for content producers to gain access and meet one-on-one with leading development executives. A signature of The Banff World Media Festival, avail yourself of the opportunity to meet with decision makers who can help take your idea to the next level and put your TV or digital content into development.
Book one of these coveted time slots to meet face-to face with key industry players including broadcasters, production studios and digital publishers. There are only a limited number of meetings available, and they are booked on a first-come, first-served basis through our exclusive Xchange system.
Producers & Content Creators
- Gain access to the world’s top Buyers Decision Makers
- Sell ideas,scripts and finished products
- Create co-production opportunities
- Sign with an agent
Buyers, Executives, Distributors, Agents
- An efficient, one-stop-shop for buying new content
- Strategically curated meetings that maximize efficiency
- Introductions to new and emerging talent and content
- Introductions to established content creators and producers with years of experience
- A VIP experience
What Are They Looking For?
• ½-hour scripted comedy for kids target range 8-11.
• ½-hour scripted drama for kids target 8-11.
• Short form content (30 Seconds to 3 minutes) for kids to run across all platforms.
– Lowell Mate
Executive Director – Original Series & Co-Productions, Disney Channels Worldwide
• Lifestyle content, primarily but not limited to Home and Travel.
• Content specifically created for social media.
• Content that offers diversity on- and off-camera.
• DIY of any sort presented in a fresh way. – Jillian St. Charles
VP, Home + Travel Digital, Scripps Networks Interactive
"We are currently looking for Original Comedy Series, 15min or 30min formats, focused on Scripted Narrative (Single Cam) and Animation."– Kelsey Balance
Co-Head of Programming, Seeso
• Documentary series of national relevance
• Male targeted factual series
• New talent in the the lifestyle space – food, property and travel
• Big scale formats that can work well with brands • Single-story crime series • Talent driven digital – Vibika Bianchi
Senior Vice President, Force Four Entertainment
"I'm looking for refreshed Factual series ideas and producers, along with unique docu-series and docusoaps."– Melissa Campbell
Agent, Kaplan Stahler
"We develop and commission in the Comedy genre across all channels and platforms for Bell Media."– Sarah Fowlie
Director, Comedy, Independent Production, Bell Media Inc.
• Female-focused scripted and non-fiction series.
• Diverse mix of original series and specials.
– Meghan Hooper-White
VP, Acquisitions, Lifetime Programming, Lifetime, A+E Networks
• Shows that are PURPOSE/CHARACTER focused as opposed to PROCESS focused.
• American subcultures
• Real Time Crime (not past tense)
– Joseph Schneier
Vice President, Development and Production, Discovery Channel
"I'm looking for producers/smaller production companies that have the right instinct for factual, reality, and lifestyle concepts for the US landscape."– Jonathan Cane
Vice President of Development, BBC Worldwide Productions
"Looking for tween/family comedy MOWs; dramas (serialized & procedural); event miniseries with international scope & appeal."– Jesse Prupas
SVP Development & Distribution, Muse Entertainment (Executive Producer/Producer)
"I would like to connect with leaders that are interested in investing and being part of creating a healthier generation by reversing the physical inactivity epidemic – so this is related to kids, schools, physical activity and nutrition. It can be NGOs, Private Sector, Policy or advocacy."– Kathleen Tullie
Director Of Social Responsibility, Reebok International / Founder & Executive Director, BOKS (Build Our Kids' Success)
• Renewable character-driven series where the characters are authentic and the stakes are high and very real. Our characters are self-made with a passion for their work and the guts to live life on their own terms. IE: Highway Thru Hell, Fool's Gold, Jade Fever, and Cold Water Cowboys. • Big, Event Specials where the audience has to tune in: Rosetta: Landing On A Comet, Pluto: First Encounter, Nic Wallenda Live, JFK: The Smoking Gun, Klondike, Prehistoric River Monsters • Entertaining approaches to science, technology, and adventure. IE: Canada's Worst Driver, Never Ever Do This at Home, Don't Drive Here, Naked and Afraid, Definitive Guide to 747, Drain the Titanic. We are accomplished at working with international formats and adapting them for the Discovery audience. We also take an active role in creating original formats. – Ken Macdonald
General Manager & Vice President, Discovery Canada
"Spafax provides content for over 30 airlines worldwide. We are looking to acquire feature films, documentaries, television series and short films for inflight entertainment. We are also interested in discussing potential partnerships with content networks and brands."– Andrea Whtye
IFE Account and Programming Manager, Spafax
• drama: crime or medical procedurals with broad audience appeal.
• factual: preferably one-hour series, 6-10+ episodes. Genres: history, technology, popular science.
• factual: feature-length documentary specials with strong popular or publicity/marketing appeal.
– Thomas von Hennet
VP International Co-Production & Documentaries, ProSiebenSat.1 TV Deutschland
"We are looking for aspirational factual content. Our current needs are focussed on Food and Wedding oriented content. With that said, we are not in the market for competition reality-based content. Keep it aspirational and tell great stories! If you can tick those boxes… Let's talk."– David Greener
CEO & Executive Producer, FASCINATION TV (FNTV)
"Preschool, Boys action and/or girls' properties for either co-development or toy license acquisition."– Jennifer Bennett
Senior Director, Strategic Development, Global Licensing and Entertainment Partnerships, Mattel
• 4K Nature content
• High quality science-fiction dramatic series
• Series with broad reaching international appeal
• Well-known talent in scripted series
– Liz Coucean
Director of International Sales and Acquisitions, Tricon Films & Television
"I'm looking to acquire finished programming and meet with co-production partners. Rive Gauche specializes in factual entertainment and reality TV, but we have also produced and distributed scripted content and are interested in growing in that arena."– Julie Pifher
VP of Development, Rive Gauche Television
"We are currently looking for hour-long dramas (ongoing or limited) driven by innovative creators with a distinct point of view that are international in scope."– Alex Schwarm
Manager, Scripted Development & Current, SundanceTV
"Always looking for great Canadian content: drama series for Séries+ and doc series for Historia. We can be involved in English-speaking projects that are later dubbed into French or Original French content."– Catherine Vidal
Director, Original Programming and Canadian Acquisitions, Corus Media
"We are looking for original scripted comedy content for linear television and digital/social platforms."– Michelle Daly
Senior Director, Comedy, CBC
"We are always looking for new creative talent, innovative ideas and breakthrough designs. Content should include strong characters, which appeal to both boys and girls between the ages of two and five, and avoid stereotyping of any kind. Pitches should always come from the child's point of view, making the childlike character the hero of each episode. Content should be respectful of preschooler's development, gearing humor and content to the audience. Series should have clear goals that parents will understand and appreciate as being supportive of their efforts in raising children, but should not pontificate."– Sarah Landy
Vice President, Production & Development, Nickelodeon Preschool
"We are looking for original scripted comedy content for linear television and digital/social platforms."– Sandra Picheca
Executive in Charge of Production, CBC Comedy
"I'm looking for great TV pilots in both the comedy and drama space."– Conrad Sun
Associate, Meridian Artists